Eastbourne Eagles Speedway
BRAND DEVELOPMENT, MARKETING STRATEGY, SOCIAL MEDIA & CONTENT CREATION/ WEBSITE CREATION
Media Director: Freelance Role.
The Eastbourne Eagles Speedway team re-launched into professional Speedway racing in early 2019, joining the SGB Speedway Championship from the amateur National Development League.
The club launched with new branding, and working with the Eagles Commercial Director, I designed & produced a new website for the club, based around a brand launch strategy with a full SEO strategy.
On-Going Digital & Social Strategy
Working with the clubs directors to enhance the monthly and weekly Marketing strategy, aimed at introducing new fans to the club and the sport and to entice lapsed fans, across Sussex & the South-East of England. Additional Marketing strategies & content strands developed to attract and retain new sponsors.
The core Marketing aim has been to reach out to new, younger audiences via a designated Community Programme, and to lapsed fans, generating awareness of the return to professional speedway, the club ethos and re-engaging with the excitement of racing through an over-arching brand strategy of:
Four riders, Four Laps, Fifteen Races
The Rawest form of Racing.
- Initial re-brand development, Website design and delivery including SEO strategy
- Marketing and Social Media strategies, along with on-going daily social content creation.
- All print design in relation to to the core Marketing strategy (specifically around Community Programme engagement) Poster campaigns across the South-East, Outreach & PR content and 3rd Party content development.
- CRM strategy & database set up and weekly delivery
- Owned, paid for & re-marketing strategies
- Digital Signage creation
- Daily social media content creation (filmed video, stills, GIFS, Cinemagraphs) including weekly meeting video promotions, and Competitions.
- Community management across Instagram, Twitter, Facebook and YouTube.
- PR creation and website updates, Live Race night event content (home and away).
- On-going Press & Media liaison.
- Monthly reporting across all channels including Google Analytics
The new website has been widely recognised across the speedway community from user experience perspective, and modern & informative design. Tracked through Google Analytics, the site has received just under 500,000 page views since launch in late January 2019, with over 350,000 unique page views.
Through the Weekly Marketing and Comms plans, working in conjunction with the Commercial Director and the wider Community Team, attendance has been above break-even for each meeting, showing continual growth, with positive Experience feedback.
Social engagement shows continued weekly growth through both organic and targeted Paid For campaigns, whilst the Community CRM stratgegy has seen a 90% uptake in relation to bespoke Community ticket purchases.