Ian Smalley – Digital Creative Director:
Freelance Digital Creative Director, with over 15 years of experience across all aspects of social media, content creation, video, digital & content marketing and PR communications.
Specialising in Motorsport, Sport & Leisure, Lifestyle, Consumer and B2B sectors, delivering social media strategies & campaigns (organic & paid for), all forms of content creation, community management, video filming & editing, website design & build, event coverage, PR and Influencer engagement.
Most recently heading up the Creative team at The PHA Group, specialising in the strategy & delivery of Social media and integrated channel solutions. This included campaign and partnership strategies and concepts, content creation and Influencer engagement. Full video direction, filming & editing, web site UX design and branding strategies.
Developed and managed the Creative team over 5 years, overseeing the concepts and delivery of digital and fully integrated campaigns for Individuals, National and Global brands across a range of sectors including Sport, Consumer & Lifestyle, Health, Charity, Crisis (social monitoring, response and reporting) and B2B.
Pitch development & presentation, Client liaison and Senior Management Team P&L.
Current Freelance Roles: In addition to a range of Freelance clients, I am currently the Freelance Media Director at Eastbourne Eagles & Thurrock Hammers Speedway teams managing all Marketing, web, content creation & social media activity.
Digital Creative Director: Key Competencies
- Social Media Strategies (data insights, brand / demographic mapping & Competitor analysis)
- Campaign concepts and development
- Community Management & Content plans (Facebook, Twitter, Instagram, LinkedIn, YouTube)
- Content Creation
- Social audits (existing channels)
- Paid for Strategies
- Influencer mapping & engagement
- Social Crisis Management planning & live Monitoring
- Content creation (across all channels) including:
- Branded imagery
- Video based social content (branded)
- Animated GIFS
Filming & Editing
- Concepts, story boarding (shoot & motion graphics) and Producing / Direction
- Filming (one / two camera) for social content, pieces to camera & show reels.
- Editing & graphics integration of short form content through to site content & showreels (Adobe Premiere Pro)
Digital / Marketing :
- Social media
- Influencer Engagement
- E-Mail Marketing
- SEO Optimisation
- Google AdWords
- PR (Short form & Long form) & Content Creation
- Press Liaison
- Event Promotion & coverage (Social Media)
- Reporting & Evaluation (all social platforms & Google Analytics)
- Existing Site audits
- Competitor Analysis
- Creative site enhancements
- Concepts, wireframes and site maps
- WordPress design & builds
- SEO Optimisation
- Site Management
- Brand Strategies including social & digital PR
- Integrated Marketing & Partnership Strategies
- Competitor Mapping and Analysis
Software / Platforms:
- Adobe Creative Suite experience (Photoshop, Premiere Pro, InDesign, Illustrator, After Effects (Premiere Pro Project)
- Facebook, Twitter, Instagram, LinkedIn, YouTube, Vimeo
- Sprout Social, Hootsuite
- Pulsar / Awario (Mapping and Insights)
- Google Analytics / Google Search Console
- Assana (Project Management)
- PC & Mac